Procurement Manager Zambia Postal Services Corporation
- Zambia Postal Services Corpor
- 2 weeks ago
Vacancy title: Procurement Manager[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Professional Services , Category: Transportation & Logistics ]
Jobs at:Zambia Postal Services Corporation
Deadline of this Job:
30 September 2022
Within Zambia , Ndola , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Learn more about Zambia Postal Services Corporation
Zambia Postal Services Corporation jobs in Zambia
To be responsible for implementing the Corporation’s procurement strategy, preparing and implementing the procurement plan and budget to ensure the supply of goods and services as required in the implementation of the Corporation’s business strategy. Additionally, the jobholder implements the procurement policies and procedures, and the procurement laws and regulations to ensure the Corporation is protected from risks associated with noncompliance.
Grade and Station
This is a Senior Management position and is at Grade P9. The workstation is ZamPost Headquarters, Ndola.
The Procurement Manager will report to the Postmaster General and will be directly responsible for the line management of the Procurement Department.
The main duties or responsibilities of the Procurement Manager include but are not limited to the following:-
1. Implements the Corporation procurement strategy to ensure the procurement department supplies goods and services required in the implementation of the business strategy in a timely manner.
2. Prepares and implements the procurement work plan to support the implementation of the procurement strategy to support the timely delivery of goods and services critical for the successful implementation of the Corporation strategy.
3. Consolidates the Corporation procurement plan to ensure all requirements for all user departments/directorates are captured in a timely and holistic manner.
4. Prepares the Corporation procurement budget in a timely manner for timely approval and allocation of sufficient resources for the implementation of the procurement plan.
5. Implements the Corporation procurement policies and procedures to support compliance with the procurement act.
6. Provides input and suggestions on areas of improvement for the procurement policies and procedures to enhance efficiency and effectiveness in the procurement process.
7. Conducts market research to identify changes in market trends and best practices, in order to make recommendations on enhancements in the procurement process.
8. Coordinates the preparation and signing of contracts to ensure the contracts are favourable to the Corporation and are compliant with the procurement laws, and for the contracts to be signed in a timely manner.
9. Monitors the filing of procurement records to ensure the records are complete, accurate, and easily accessible when required in the provision of procurement services.
10. Facilitates the payment of suppliers in a timely manner in order to enhance the responsiveness of suppliers to the Corporation’s needs in the procurement of goods and services.
11. Facilitates and monitors the prequalification of suppliers to ensure the prequalification is done in a timely manner and the most qualified suppliers are selected.
12. Coordinates inventory management to support cost management and efficiency in the management of re-order levels to ensure the availability of items when needed for minimal disruptions to business operations.
13. Prepares regular reports for management to ensure any procurement gaps are identified and resolved in a timely manner for minimal disruptions in the implementation of the Corporation’s business strategy.
14. Facilitate and manage procurement processes, tendering, negotiation, contract award, and ongoing contract management. Coordination and management of agreements to ensure that service levels and price competitiveness is maintained or enhanced.
15. Support Senior Management in the management of a complex and varied contracts portfolio.
Nature of Decision Making
• Grade 12 Certificate with 5 ‘O’ levels with credit or better in Mathematics and English
• BSc in Purchasing & Supply, Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, BA Degree in Public Administration or equivalent from a recognized University. A Masters Degree especially in Business Administration or Supply Chain Management will be an added advantage
• Post Graduate Diploma in Purchasing and Supply for those with Business Administration or equivalent
• Post Graduate Diploma in Purchasing and Supply (CIPS-UK)
• Valid membership with the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS) (minimum category – member).
• Minimum Eight (8) proven work experience in a similar role
Attributes and skills
• Procurement strategy formulation, implementation, and monitoring
• Procurement Act
• Procurement policies and procedure
• Supplies and materials management
• Strategic thinking and planning
• Stakeholder management
• Risk management
• Project management
• Analytical thinking
• Budgeting and planning
• Report writing
• Relationship management
• Decision making
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates are invited to send hard copies of their Curriculum Vitae (CV), application letters, and supporting certificates through EMS to the address below no later than 30th September 2022.
The Manager Human Resources
Zambia Postal Services Corporation
Plot No. 5050 – 5051, Zambia Road
Zampost being an equal employer, women are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews
Vacancy title: Corporate Credit Manager [ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Banking ,
Tracking Code11823 Job Description PATH is a global organization that works to a