Senior Corporate Communications Officer
- Zambia Revenue Authority
- 4 months ago
SENIOR CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER – GRADE ZRA04 (1 POSITION) (1 Position(s))
ZAMBIA REVENUE AUTHORITY Production
- Producing and implementing a communications strategy for supporting internal and external communications to stakeholders to achieve corporate objectives;
- Acting as the key liaison point for all issues relating to internal and external communications;
- Preparing news releases for print and electronic media and releasing them in accordance with the editorial policy of each medium;
- Ensuring all Authority’s messages are communicated to the stakeholders through the best media;
- Communicating the Authority’s vision by developing and implementing short- and long-term media strategies for specific projects and initiatives;
- Evaluating media coverage and preparing reports for operational purposes;
- Liaising with key departments to develop proactive communications plans to support their business objectives, projects and programmes;
- Keeping abreast of (and appropriately communicate to the team) information and developments relevant to our vision, strategy and objectives;
- Contributing to producing high quality, statements, articles, briefing materials and features material as well as other relevant content as required;
- Working closely with other departments prior to the launch of any new services and have all the launch materials (banner, posters, brochures, visual/audio/print commercial) thought-out and ready before the launch;
- Conceptualising, maintaining and creating updated content for all communication platforms, including Newsletters, Publications, Website and Social Media;
- Leading production of the Authority’s communication materials including the quarterly Newsletter, brochures and promotional materials;
- Co-ordinating content generation for the website with the research and programmes teams e.g. news stories, case studies, films, research etc.;
- Working with the Corporate Communications Manager and broader team to ensure consistency in messaging and tone of voice and put in place systems to ensure that the charity is supported in maintaining those standards;
- Managing signage and notice boards of the authority in conjunction with administration department, managing office furniture and public relations equipment;
- Overseeing photo and video cache design and implementation of outreach agenda including development of outputs designed for the general public and the media; and
Developing and maintaining media contacts across a range of media outlets (print broadcast radio and electronic) and drafting media releases when necessary.
- Grade Twelve School Certificate/General Certificate of Education Equivalent;
- University degree in Mass Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, or Business Administration or equivalent;
- Minimum of five years (5) years post qualifying relevant work experience which should include Extensive experience in copywriting and proofreading within a Public Relations, Journalism or Communications role; and
Must be a Valid Member of Zambia Public Relations Association (ZAPRA).
OTHER SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- High integrity;
- Team player;
- Analytical skills;
- Leadership skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Change management skills;
- Developing self and others;
- Planning and organization;
- Computer skills; and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
MODE OF APPLICATION HARD COPIES ONLY
Only candidates who meet the above role specifications and competencies should apply enclosing their detailed CVs, photocopies of their academic/professional qualifications. Daytime and reachable telephone and/or mobile numbers and/or email addresses should be clearly stated.
Please send only hard copy applications for this position. We are not accepting applications made via email or website.
Applications should reach the undersigned not later than Wednesday 12th October, 2022.
The Director – Human Resource
Human Resource Department
Zambia Revenue Authority
P. O. Box 35710