- Hope Story
- 5 months ago
OUR MISSION : WE HELP VULNERABLE CHILDREN ACCESS EDUCATION, HEALTH, AND DISCIPLESHIP IN STRONG COMMUNITIES THROUGH THEIR LOCAL CHURCH.
We believe in the global church and its ability to change children’s lives. We work in 7 countries where we come alongside churches doing great work, right where they live, supporting children in four key areas:
- Strong Communities
The Partnership Coordinator in Zambia works closely with the Hope Story Canada International Operations office to ensure that Hope Story Canada works effectively with its partners and appropriately manages partner relationships, upholding values of mutual benefit and complementarity, value addition and empowerment, transparency, and accountability.
The Partnership Coordinator ensures all partner work follows the HSC Policy, Strategy, and Guidelines. S/he works as part of the Hope Story Canada team in building partnerships that fit with HSC’s strategic priorities. S/he supports the partnership management cycle, overseeing and coordinating assessments, granting and capacity development processes, and enabling partners to deliver planned and clear results effectively and efficiently.
To oversee all work related to Hope Story Canada Partnerships in Zambia.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
More specifically, the Partnership Coordinator will be involved in the below roles;
1. Programme Management:
- Design projects, and work plans/schedules and ensure their successful implementation to achieve overall Hope Story Canada (HSC) program objectives and strategic goals;
- Review church recommendations and policies for child sponsorship and scholarships program;
- Visit homes of sponsored children and monitor holistic progress;
- Evaluate the program efficiency and progress for each Zambia partner;
- Support the identification and recruitment of qualified service providers including procurement of assets/utilities specific to the program. The Partnership Coordinator shall also assist in the preparation of the terms of reference, expression of interest, and contracts in accordance with Hope Story Canada policies and procedures and will facilitate the successful delivery of work by such service providers;
- Provide technical support to ensure that technical documents of the HSC program are fully reviewed, discussed, and appropriately disseminated. This task includes support to research, data collection, and reports;
- Assist in the coordination of program activities including meetings, forums, workshops, training, and production of reports/minutes thereto;
- Organize all logistics of Hope Story Canada Team visits;
- Responsible for technical support provided to Hope Story Canada Zambia partners and other relevant parties.
2. Advisory/ Strategy Development.
- Provide leadership for Zambia partnerships in conjunction with HSC supporting the development of Hope Story strategies in Zambia;
- Ensure effective implementation of the Hope Story Strategic Plan by collecting data, tracking, reviewing progress, and measurement of impact; reporting and leading the development of implementation plans;
- Provide guidance and help in compliance with the implementation of all Hope Story Canada policies with all Zambia partners.
3. Coalition Building/Partnerships Development.
- Develop links and share experiences with relevant stakeholders to promote and achieve the Hope Story Canada vision and mission;
- Meet with Zambia government officials for collaboration on HSC matters as required by law.
- Provide technical support to project partners in the development of sound policies for transparent and accountable partners in learning centers of helping children to learn and grow in a caring Christian community;
- Work with Hope Story partners coalitions and networks to develop collaborative program strategies, resource mobilization, concerted efforts, and collective results for the desired impact on serving orphans and vulnerable children in Zambia;
- Support the capacity-building of partner institutions and coordination with Hope Story Canada regarding social development;
- Assessment and Collaboration with potential and current churches partners
4. Budget Management and Resource Mobilisation.
- Develop exceptional proposals and/or concepts for financial support and sustainability of the HSC program in Zambia;
- Develop appropriate fundraising strategies and sustainable alternative revenue sources;
- Develop and track budgets, and monitor program expenditures against budgets for the assigned project activities. This includes meeting with the HSC church partners, guiding them on expected budget, and providing assistance in budget monitoring, expense tracking, and monthly financial review;
- Map out the resource requirements of specifically assigned partner programs, this includes Providing annual budget requirements to HSC for all Zambia Partners;
- Manage Hope Story Canada contracts for assigned church partner projects;
- Develop and operationalize effective reporting mechanisms for the Hope Story program in Zambia and ensure timely periodic, monthly, and annual progress reports;
- File annual and monthly statutory HSC registered obligations;
- Work with other Hope Story Partner team members to conduct timely and appropriate narrative and financial reporting regarding all activities and grants;
- Sponsorship program communications and reports, including Scholarship program application, selection, and report process.
6. Communication and Social Media Advocacy
- Be responsible for all HSC official communication between HSC and Zambia partners;
- Be responsible for major communication between HS and Local organizations;
- Be responsible for communication needs, reports, and story gathering from partners’
- Be responsible for sponsorship and scholarship needs to appropriate partners’ staff
- In conjunction with the Hope Story Canada Communications department, initiate and participate in mainstream and social media engagements focusing on pertinent orphans and vulnerable children issues;
7. Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as assigned from time to time.
- Have obtained university qualification in a related field;
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in partnership management and coordination;
- Demonstrable skills with practical experience in coordinating and facilitating organizational capacity development
- Experience and ability to conceptualize, implement and evaluate programs;
- Familiarity with Program Planning and Development strategies and tools;
- Result-oriented, team player, and self-motivated;
- Ability to multitask, with tight deadlines/schedules and attention to detail;
- Excellent writing, research, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships;
- Skills in photography and story gathering;
- A strong commitment to the aims, objectives, and values of Hope Story Canada;
- A person of high integrity that will model Hope Story Canada’s core values;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Teams;
- Proficiency in financial and budget management;
- High-level skills in report writing and presentation;
- A mature self-starter, a good communicator, and a team builder with the ability to manage and motivate staff;
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, creativity, and willingness to innovate
- A high degree of adaptability and flexibility;
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- The partnership coordinator will work from home and be based in Livingstone;
- Travel to all church partners preferably, every quarter year;
- Hope Story Canada provides computer equipment, internet access, and talk time;
- The partnership coordinator abides with the Hope Story Canada employee manual and internal policies;
- The partnership coordinator uses a personal vehicle for travel or public transportation.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit one PDF document as an attachment (combining the application letter and CV with at least three professional referees) via email to Partnerships@hopestory.ca . The deadline for receiving applications is 17th July 2023 .
Please include the reference Partnership Coordinator – Hope Story Canada as the subject of your email applications. Do not attach your testimonials or certificates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: Please note that Hope Story Canada does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process and we do not recruit through recruitment agents.
Get FREE Job Alerts