Activities Coordinator Lusaka International Community School
- or job
- 5 months ago
Vacancy title: Activities Coordinator[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Education, and Training , Category: Admin & Office ]
Jobs at:Lusaka International Community School
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, July 19 2023
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, July 06 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Based in Lusaka, Zambia, Lusaka International Community School (LICS) is a co-educational, secular, fee-paying, non-profit school, which provides an internationally recognised education to a culturally diverse, globally-minded student body in a caring and supportive learning environment. LICS holds in high esteem its vision statement which is to “maximise the potential of future world citizens”.
LICS is a leading independent Pre-Primary, Primary, and Secondary School based in the leafy suburb of Roma in Lusaka, Zambia, and is a member of CIS, AISA, and ISAZ.
The school currently has an opening and is looking for a suitably qualified individual to join the LICS community as an Activities Coordinator with effect on 1st August 2023.
• Ideally a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a similar position
• Proven awareness of current best practices in sports and programming
• Proven experience using the latest MS 365 applications that enhance communication, organisational operations, and scheduling of all activities, tasks
• Organizational ability, initiative, and effective communicative and interpersonal skills
• Very good English and writing skills
• Attention to detail and strong customer-focused attitude – accurate and fast handling of complaint management to ensure the best possible client satisfaction: short response times, supportive attitude, willingness to go the extra mile for a client
• Proven skills to interact in a multicultural setup with parents, learners, and staff
• Possesses a minimum of a relevant Tertiary Degree and current sports management qualification/certification
• Possesses updated First Aid/CPR qualification
4. Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities
4.1 Coordination of Afternoon Activities school-wide
• Coordination of all afternoon activities at LICS for Pre-Primary, Primary, and Secondary school
• Development of a complete termly program based on the coordination above
• Ensure correct data entry into the iSAMS Activities Manager
• Timely administration of parent requests and administration of changes and registration of learners for activities
4.2 ISAZ / LISL Administration
• Management of ISAZ and LISL paperwork: permission slips, health forms, rosters, communication to parents, ticket booking, etc.
• Ensure facilities are ready for hosting events at LICS – work with Operations Department to ensure proper and timely set up of events
• Organise equipment/uniforms for events and assist coaches where necessary
• Coordination of required transports
• Coordination of First Aid structure (kits, staff, nurse, etc.)
• Attend ISAZ and LISL meetings, conferences, and other events where required.
4.3 Trip Administration
• Administration of all local and international trips required for Sports and PE teams (transport accommodation, meals, etc. as per LICS policy and approval process)
• Organise equipment/uniforms/first aid kits for trips and in-house fixtures
• Communication with stakeholders as required to ensure timely, precise, and correct communication all the time.
4.4 Administration PE /Sports Team and Data Management
• Conduct administrative work for PE staff to support the teaching work as best as possible with advanced administrative support, systems development, and documentation
• The digitalisation of all work incl. monitoring of departmental cloud-based file systems for administrative and academic data.
• Development, implementation, and maintenance of the database of all sports events (database) in coordination/as guided by HoD PE and Sports
• Development and maintaining a PE and Sports reporting structure based on the database to the school and the wider LICS community incl. monthly/termly reporting.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
6. Application Process
Please visit our website ( ), fill in the online application form, and upload a detailed CV with a cover letter along with three referees, one of whom should be your current supervisor by 19.07.2023, Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Lusaka International Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting our children’s and young people’s welfare and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate’s appointment will be subject to full security vetting.
Get FREE Job Alerts