Water and Sanitation Technologist
- Zambia Airports Corporation Ltd
- 5 months ago
Zambia Airports Corporation Limited is a reputable aviation organisation with a mission to provide world class Airport and Air Navigation Services at the four major airports namely, Kenneth Kaunda in Lusaka, Simon Mwansa Kapwepwe in Ndola, Harry Mwaanga Nkumbula in Livingstone, and Mfuwe International Airport and Ten (10) Provincial and Strategic Airports. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced Zambian nationals with a vision to excel in the following position:
Water and Sanitation Technologist
This role reports to the Civil Engineer. The job holder will be responsible for
oversee the extraction and treatment of groundwater before distribution, and maintenance of the water and wastewater reticulation system.
Key Performance Areas
- Head of the Water and wastewater Unit.
- Prepares Water and Sanitation Unit budget as part of the overall Civil Engineering annual Budget;
- Analyzes and advises on the maintenance of water supply systems, including source development, treatment, storage and distribution.
- Analyzes and advises on the maintenance of wastewater systems, including collection, treatment and disposal.
- Coordinates and monitors day to day treatment processes for water and wastewater to ensure compliance;
- Prepares maintenance plans for water supply systems, water and waste water treatment systems, water storage facilities, pumps, and control panels of equipment.
- Monitors and ensures adequate stock levels of spare parts for water supply and sewerage works and control panels as well as necessary tools and equipment and provides lists of periodic requirement of the same well in advance for the purpose of raising requisitions.
- Supervises works related to the installation and maintenance of sanitation facilities such as: ablution units, field toilets, kitchen and laundries
- Carries out inspections to check boreholes, pumps, storage tanks, motors, filters, chlorinators, distribution networks and sewage systems; monitor and read gauges, meters and other recording instruments to detect equipment malfunctions and ensure plant systems and equipment are operating within prescribed limits;
- Supervise and guide artisans on particular tasks to ensure adherence to specifications and good workmanship.
- Estimate and Budget cost of carrying out particular works and services for management to take further action.
- Design and estimate cost of water networks and structures as required by management through the Civil Engineer.
- Raises requisitions for the procurement of Water, Environmental and Sanitation goods and services through the Civil Engineer
- Any other duties assigned.
- Grade 12 School Certificate with 6 ‘0’ Level passes and Credits in English, Mathematics and Science
- Diploma – Water Engineering, Civil or Equivalent
- Computer Literate to include engineering software.
- At least 3years in the Water Supply Industry
Professional Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia.
Applications with detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of all relevant academic and professional certificates, copy of national registration card (NRC)/ passport and other relevant documents with contact details, names and contact addresses of three (3) traceable referees, should be addressed to the Director Human Resource as indicated below by e-mail ONLY to email@example.com by close of business on 14th July, 2023 , ( Use the Job Title as Subject of your email. Failing to do that will render your application invalid ) .
The Director Human Resources
Zambia Airports Corporation Limited
Farm 4169 Off Airport Road,
P O Box 30175
NB: Please note that only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.
Get FREE Job Alerts
Vacancy title: Communications Specialist – Intern [ Type: FULL TIME , Industry:
SolidarMed is an international non-governmental organization with a strong track