Internal Controls & Audit Officer
- Chilanga Cement
- 5 months ago
Chilanga Cement is the leading supplier of building materials and major construction solutions provider in Zambia and the regional market. The Company operates a network of facilities, which includes two integrated Cement plants (with a combined capacity of 1,500,000 tonnes per annum) in Chilanga and Ndola, and distributes by road and rail to all corners of the country and southern Africa.
Joining Chilanga Cement means being part of a successful organization that builds its business strategy around product innovation. For Chilanga Cement, People Development is an investment in the future. Training and skills development means employees can take control of their own careers; everyone builds their own rich and diversified career portfolio. You hold the keys to your success!
Chilanga Cement, Chilanga Plant, is looking to recruit a dynamic, motivated, enthusiastic and qualified individual to take up the role of:
Position: Internal Controls & Audit Officer (x1)
Location/Department: Head Office, Internal Control & Audit
Overall Mission of the Role:
To establish, develop, and evaluate Chilanga Cement’s internal controls over financial reporting, compliance, and business reporting. To ensure internal compliance of operations with Chilanga Cement Plc policies and procedures and other existing rules and regulations through audits, evaluations, and recommendations. To provide Management with controls and business support information for the Cement product line and financial/operational performance, and conduct independent evaluation of internal control processes and monitor the implementation of recommendations. The role reports into the Head of Internal Control & Audit.
- Assist in formulating the annual Audit plan based on a formal risk assessment and regularly follow up
- Assist in evaluating the enterprise risk management
- Perform Audits and internal control activities to ensure:
- Compliance with the annual audit plan
- The adequacy and effectiveness of the organization’s system of internal control and the quality of performance in carrying out assigned responsibilities
- The systems established to ensure compliance with the policies, plans, procedures, laws, and regulations which could have a significant impact on operations and reports, and should determine whether the organization is in compliance
- Undertakes periodic checks of operations in order to identify area vulnerable to inherent risks/fraud and make appropriate recommendations to avert such risks
- The means of safeguarding of assets and, as appropriate, verifying the existence of such assets, to protect them from losses of all kinds.
- Assist control owners in drafting/updating procedures with review notes
- Conduct independent and objective adhoc missions including investigations
- Following up on all action plans resulting from testing and audit operations to ensure timely closure, Including Internal, external and group audits
- Participating in various physical stock counts or verification exercise
- Conduct spot check on various operations of the business
- Assist in validating the status of internal controls in the business
- Where required, plan and co-ordinate the scope of work with external auditors to provide optimal audit coverage to the organization.
- Manage resources of the department to ensure delivery of the objectives at minimum cost.
- Write draft reports including recommendations for the Supervisor’s review
- Ensuring compliance to group reporting deadlines and requirements.
- Prepare the detailed planning of the audit
- Participation in kick-off and closing meetings with auditees
- Perform the audit field work
- Report and communicate audit findings, makes proposals for an appropriate action plan.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications, Experience and skills required:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Financial Management, ACCA, ZICA or CIMA
- ZICA or IIA Zambia membership required
- At least 2 years Internal or External Audit experience required.
Technical Skills required:
- Business and industry experience and understanding
- Accounting principles understanding
- Risk Management understanding
- Internal control understanding
- Performance measurement understanding
- Budgeting, controlling and reporting
- Financial analysis
- Information system understanding
Leadership & Behavioural Skills:
- Effective verbal and report writing skills
- Work with minimum supervision
- Results oriented
- Strong sceptical and analytical skills
- Able to coordinate the auditees
Interested applicants may send their application letters and Curriculum Vitae to the under-listed no later than , Tuesday 7 th July 2023. Applicants do not need to send copies of their qualifications at this stage.
Applicants should ensure that the position they are applying for is clearly written in the subject of the email. Only emailed applications will be accepted and should be sent to:
E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Get FREE Job Alerts