- CARE STARS SERVICES (RECRUITMENT AGENCY)
- 5 months ago
Our client, a Lodge is seeking to hire an experienced Head Chef
Job Description and Duties
- Participate in preparation, seasoning, and cooking of salads, soups, fish, meats, vegetables, desserts, or other foods.
- Plan and price menu items, orders supplies, and keep records and accounts.
- Supervises and participate in cooking and baking and the preparation of foods.
- Writes weekly schedules according to business and projected goals.
- Participate in checking of all purchased supplies for quality and account for each delivered item.
- Plan, Direct, coordinate and participate in food or beverage preparations
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Investigate customer complaint
- Maintain production or work records
- Supervise Kitchen staff and provide leadership
- Price items on menu
- Determine food or beverage costs
- Modify work procedures or processes to meet deadlines
- Estimate materials or labour requirements
- Use oral or written communication techniques
- Inspect facilities or equipment for regulatory compliance
- Oversee safety or conformance to standards
- Plan menus
- Request for Requisition of stock, materials, supplies or equipment
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Check the quantity and quality of received products.
- Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
- Order or requisition food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
- Determine how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
- Meet with customers to discuss menus for special occasions such as weddings, parties, workshops and banquets.
interested candidates can send their CVs to
Get FREE Job Alerts