- Latitude 15 Degrees Hotel Latitude 15° is set amidst the beautiful tree-lined avenues on t
- 5 months ago
Job Title – Income Auditor
Department – Finance
Reports – Hotel Head of Finance
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Head of Finance, The Income Auditor shall be responsible for monitoring and maintaining control of revenue within the limits of Latitudes Hotels Group policies and procedures, responsible for ensuring all revenues generated in the hotel are recorded accurately and discrepancies reported on a timely basis. The Income Auditor produces the daily revenue report and reconciles all revenues against cash banked and accounts receivable movements for each day. The Income Auditor also ensures that all revenues are recorded and reported on a daily basis and all control procedures are in place relating to the income process.
Key Internal Relationships
- Cooperate, Coordinate and communicate with all other departments in all matters concerning accounting department.
- Supervises and direct the activities of Night Auditor.
- Receive all cash submissions from cashier along with cash up report and audit the same.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare daily revenue summaries such as DRR and Day End Reports and pass all revenue and related journals in the back-office accounting system.
- Update the revenue reports in Windows Office Teams folder and circulate them through a confirmation mail.
- Ensure that all rebates, Misc. Credit and Misc. Charge are verify and fully investigated and approved by Head of Finance and General Manager.
- Ensure that Front Office and Back Office ledgers always tally – namely, Guest Ledger, Deposit Ledger and Accounts Receivable Ledger.
- Ensure revenue in FO and BO tallies daily.
- Prepare complimentary and discounted sales report for the approval of GM
- To review and investigate transfers transactions made by front office cashiers.
- To Review a daily credit check report, investigate high balance with Front Office Manager.
- Check all Open PM on a weekly basis and get answers from Sales/ FO after all investigation results.
- Prepare room rate variance report.
- To review room rate discrepancy report to match the daily room revenue with the Hotel rack rate, corporate & travel agent rate, explanation to be provided from the FOM if needed and to be approved from GM
- Prepare a summary of all voids in the system and submit a report.
- Check all pay outs, refunds and any other adjustment that cause revenue reversals.
- Ensure that all new bookings / amendments are in order and has the correct rate codes.
- Ensure that all amendments and cancellation charges are levied correctly.
- Report all credit policy violations.
- Check all tax computations daily.
- Prepare Income Audit report and highlight concerns to Head of accounts and GM.
- Ensure all POS prices are correct. Do a 100% check at lest once every quarter and provide proof of such exercise.
Food and Beverage
- To review the SEMPERs F&B recap breakdown to make sure that its accurate.
- To review the SEMPERs F&B recap breakdown with Computer system FO report ensuring that it is matching.
- Control the sequence of banquet function sheet and to make sure that check is raised in the same date of the event (Follow up on all pending sheets).
- Match charges from the check to the function sheet and attached a photocopy of cheque with the function sheet. Discrepancies to be investigated with Restaurant Manager.
- To make spot check for all outlets at least four times per week. Investigate the discrepancy and report.
- Review all void & return and investigate all cases and get it signed by outlet Manager & F&B Manager.
- Verify FO, F&B and all cashiers’ summary deposit with night auditor report.
- To check Credit department collection sheet.
- Review general cashier summary to make sure that all cash & checks collection has been deposited at the bank next day.
- Investigate cashiers’ shortage & overage within the next 24 hour and to prepare monthly shortage & overage report to Financial Controller or chief accountant.
- Check the serial sequence of cash receipt.
- Review and initiate the daily collection sheet to ensure all collection were deposited to the bank.
- Mandatory recorded monthly float checks
Skills and Specifications:
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively within a team and under minimal supervision.
- Integrity, honesty and accountability in all dealings.
- Full Grade 12 certificate
- ACCA, CIMA qualification or similar.
- Mandatory Qualification in Audit
- 3 – 5 years’ work experience in managing debtors
- Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Experience in the use of pastel accounting or any other similar package
Forward a Cover letter, Curriculum Vitae and relevant academic certificates strictly as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date: 14th July, 2023. Only candidates that meet the criteria are advised to apply.
Get FREE Job Alerts
1. EXPENDITURE ACCOUNTANT Purpose To facilitate and process payments to vendors,