Logistics and Distribution Lead
- Talent House
- 5 months ago
About the Role:
Our client is seeking an experienced Logistics and Distribution lead to join their team. This individual will have a key task to organize the safe and efficient storage and distribution of goods, and to ensure that orders are fulfilled (carried out) correctly. Equally to ensure that the right products are delivered to the right location on time and may also be involved in transportation, stock control, warehousing and monitoring the flow of goods.
- Communicate with suppliers, retailers, customers etc. to achieve profitable deals and mutual satisfaction.
- Plan and track the shipment of final products according to customer requirements.
- keeping up to date with relevant legislation, such as health and safety regulations
- Update and compile a database containing all information for each client.
- Track shipments and update clients on all incoming and outgoing consignments.
- Keep track records of warehouse stock, executed orders etc.
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints.
- Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce.
- Allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs.
- At least 5 years+ of proven work experience in a similar role
- Certificate/Diploma/ Degree (Bachelor) in clearing and forwarding,
- Purchasing and Supply, Project Management, Business, Logistics Operations, or related field.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, analytical mindset, and systematic problem-solving skills
- Computer knowledge and data entry skills
- Assertive and result oriented.
- Open-minded and a good team player
The incumbent will receive a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 12th July, 2023
Get FREE Job Alerts