3 Strategic Information Assistant jobs DAPP
- egic Inform
- 3 months ago
3 Strategic Information Assistant
Deadline of this Job:
16 September 2022
Within Zambia , Pemba,Mongu ,Chipata , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Learn more about DAPP
DAPP jobs in Zambia
Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) registered in 1990 as a national non-profit association with its national office in Copperbelt. The objective of DAPP is, through the implementation of projects, to empower people with knowledge, skills and tools to improve their living conditions.
DAPP works shoulder to shoulder with people in urban and rural communities in the following thematic areas: Health, education, agriculture, climate change mitigation and adaptation, environment, human rights and community development. DAPP has an income generating leg by selling second hand clothes.
DAPP is currently working in 62 districts situated in all 10 provinces of Zambia reaching over 1 million people with direct interventions. DAPP is a Member of the International Humana People to People Movement.
Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is now inviting suitably qualified and experienced persons to apply for the positions listed below, for its CDC Funded Total Control of the Epidemic (TCE) project. The project aims to provide comprehensive Community HIV Prevention, Case finding and Retention services across four Provinces.
Job title: Strategic Information Assistant (3 Positions)
Locations: Pemba (1)
with occasional travel to the project sites within each Province.
Based at Provincial level; the core function will be to establish, maintain and ensure the proper use of performance monitoring indicators and measurement systems in order to provide a succinct analysis and reporting of the project activities and results in line with the objectives of the Sungani Bana Initiative.
Reporting relationship: Reports to the SI Officer.
Duties and essential job functions
• Supports the building of a strong and efficient M&E team at project level and contributes to the strengthening of the M&E and data management systems in the supported districts and health facilities within the district.
• Plans M&E activities for the project on a yearly, quarterly, monthly, weekly and daily basis according to the approved project work-plan and budget
• Trains and provides mentorship to project staff in M&E concepts, new tools and databases
• Develops common data collection tools and systems. Works with staff and partners to make TCE data collection modifications, based on analysis of routine data
• Work with the DHOs, HFs and M&E teams from other stakeholders to plan & conduct data quality assurance (DQA), including implementation of routine DQMIS activities in Health Facilities.
• Ensures timely data collection and entry into databases according to the project M&E plan
• Analyses data, documents results on key performance indicators and conducts regular updating of project performance monitoring plans in order to highlight progress on expected outputs and outcomes
• Conducts biweekly data verification in each Health Facility in the project, including data quality assessment
• Responsible for database management at provincial level
• Responsible for quality data storage and ensures that all data is in order and updated
• Prepares donor and partner reports, timely, using the provided reporting systems and develops visual presentations
• Participates in relevant partner, stakeholder, management and staff meetings and presents visual reports
• Supports DAPP-TCE in on-going project review and planning, using data results to improve the project implementation. This includes the development of various planning and review documents
• Uses data generated to inform development of new activities; participates in conducting project surveys.
• Develops and maintains strong working relationships with Ministry of Health at provincial, district, facility levels and other implementing partners
• University degree with a major in demography, geography or sociology and a minor within social sciences, with at least two years’ relevant work experience in M&E of PEPFAR Health and HIV Activities in complex, multi-year health sector development projects
• Have competence and experience working with Advanced Excel, MER, SmartCare, DQMIS and DHIS2
• Strong diagnostic, analytical and problem solving skills
• Ready to revise M&E protocols and systems in order to adopt changed funding agency demands
• Vast experience with development of M&E work and direct supervision of staff in implementation of M&E
• Sensitivity to and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV prevention, care, and treatment, also of key populations
• Excellent written English and oral communication skills
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applications with detailed CV and at least 3 referees must be received by 16th September, 2022.
• The cover letter and CV must be one document, and the applicant’s name must be the name of the document.
• Applicants must indicate in the application letter, the current, or the last gross salary received.
• Indicate the job title and the preferred location as the subject of your email e.g Data Clerk – Lusaka.
• Do not attach certificates and other documentation at this stage.
• Please submit to these E-mails: email@example.com , with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Vacancy title: Strategic Information/M&E Lead [ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Publ