Laboratory Program Officer Republic of Zambia Ministry of Health
- ory Program Officer job
- 3 months ago
Vacancy title: Laboratory Program Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Public Administration, and Government , Category: Science & Engineering ]
Jobs at:Republic of Zambia Ministry of Health
Deadline of this Job:
16 September 2022
Within Zambia , Mongu , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Learn more about Republic of Zambia Ministry of Health
Republic of Zambia Ministry of Health jobs in Zambia
LOCATION: Provincial Health Office
JOB PURPOSE: To Coordinate CDC supported laboratory activities in western province, provide technical assistance to laboratory staff and contribute to the achievement of the UNAIDS 95-95-95 goals and CDC set goals under the laboratory domains. REPORTS TO: Clinical Care Specialist
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITY (MAIN DUTIES)
• Under takes supervision in districts to ensure quality service provision.
• Supervise both technical and non-technical staff and ensures operational adherence to laboratory guidelines. Undertakes Monitoring of clients on ART through VL/EID.
• Maintains records and statistical reports for program monitoring and decision making Coordinates specimen courier from facilities to the testing labs and results from the PCR labs to facilities. Facilitates availability of updated Laboratory guidelines, SOPs and algorithms are in place at all times so as to ensure adherence to National guidelines.
• Identification of areas for capacity building for laboratory staff and other health workers Works with data associates to ensure timely collectionat:data from laboratories compiling and analyzing the findings for decision making
• Plans and prepares activity budgets. Contributes in the development and implementation of operations budget to ensure compliance with organizational expenditure requirements. MONGU. WESTERN PROVINCE
• Monitors and offers technical support in the implementation QMS activities in order to improve quality of Laboratory service.
• Coordinates with other implementing partners in ensuring that QMS programs are adhered to.
• Supervises Technical staff to ensure HIV/TB/STI commodity security
JOB SPECIFICATIONS/ REQUIREMENTS
• Grade 12 certificate with at least five O-level credits or better;
• Degree in Biomedical Sciences or equivalent;
• Registration with Health Professions Council of Zambia with valid practicing license; .
• At least five (5) years relevant experience in TB/HIV Programme;
• Must be trained in WHO ART Modules; Experience in PEPFAR supported TB/HIV programs will be an added advantage; .
• Training in Project management will be added advantage;
• Ability to write technical papers and reports clearly in English;
• Ability to communicate fluently in English and local languages;
• Must between the Age of 21 years and 55 years;
Other skills/Attributes : Computer literate, Managerial skills, Interpersonal relations, initiative.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Instructions for submission of applications The advert is Internal for Western Province Ministry of Health and applicants meeting the above job specifications and competencies and in Western Province should apply enclosing their; application letter stating the facility they are from and address, detailed curriculum vitae, Photocopies of NRC, professional and academic qualifications and any other relevant documents. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. A One (1) year contract will be offered to successful candidate subject to renewal depending on satisfactory performance and availability of funds. Clearly mark on top of the envelope the position you are applying for.
Address applications to:
The Provincial Health Director
Provincial Health Office
P.O. Box 910022
Vacancy title: ART Program Officer [ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Public Administ
Vacancy title: Provincial ICT Program Officer [ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Publ
Vacancy title: PMTCT Program Officer [ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Public Admini